life is strange Optional Photos
Below is a list of all the optional photos in the game, sorted by the Episode they are found in.
Episode one has 10 pictures to collect scatted in different locations throughout the game.
- At the beginning of the game, after class has ended, check the desk in the center of the room to see a photo opportunity.
- After making it outside of the main building, the next photo
opportunity is in front of the Jeremiah Blackwell statue facing back
towards the school.
- After taking photo 2 you should turn around and see a group of skateboarders. Go to them and talk to Justin. No matter which option is chosen in this first encounter he will call you a poser and stop talking. Rewind time and speak to Justin again, this time using the new conversation options to convince him you are not a poser. He will ask if you want to see a noseslide or tre flip, the only way to get the photo is by picking "tre flip". Once that option is chosen, the skater will fall off his skateboard, which can be photographed. Once you have the picture you can simple rewind time and watch the other trick.
- The next photo can be found in front of Max's dorm building. Cross the yard from the entry way and you should see Kate sitting on a bench alone. In front of her should be a tree with a squirrel to the side which you can take a picture of.
- The next photo can be taken once inside Max's room. On the right as you enter the room should be a small mirror in which Max takes a picture of herself.
- This photo can be taken once you finish talking to Juliet and gain access to Victoria's room. As you enter the room there will be a collage of pictures to the right. Walk up to the pictures and you are given the option to mess the pictures up, once done you can take your picture.
- Once you leave the dorm building with the flash drive you will see Alyssa get hit with a football. Using your rewind abilities save Alyssa and the football will hit the window instead. Once the window is broken walk to it and you will be able to take a photo.
- The next photo is taken in the car park. Before talking to Warren go to the right side of the area to a large Winnebago (RV). Walking to its dirty window and you will have a option to draw on the window. Once done you can take the photo.
- After leaving Chloe's house you go to the light house with her. Before walking up the hill, turn around and go to the bottom of the path. As you walk back there will be a large rock with a bird standing on top, approach the bird and take your photo.
- Once you reach the light house you will see Chloe sitting on a bench. Walk up to her back and it will have a option of taking her picture.
- Found inside the Girls' Dormitories. When returning Kate's book, take a photo of her pet to get this picture.
- Found in the second area, the Dormitories - Morning. Head to the right side of the area, by the maintenance room. There is a bench and garbage can here. Interact with it to place some food on the bench and lure the squirrel over. Make sure to step away from the bench or else he won't come. Once he hops on the bench, move in and take the picture.
- Picture 3 is found at the diner. Simply look above the entrance to see a giant whale sign that you can take a photo of.
- The fourth picture is found behind the Diner. Walk around to the back until you reach the fence, and on the other side is a dog you can take a picture of.
- The fifth picture is inside the washroom of the Diner. Enter and look on the mirror to see some graffiti you can take a picture of.
- Picture six is located shortly after reaching the junkyard. Head to the front-left corner of the wrecked bus to take a picture of it.
- The seventh picture is found in the peaceful clearing at the junkyard. There is a deer here, and as you approach it will walk a small distance then stop. Follow it to be able to take a picture.
- Photo eight is taken after the section with the gun. After Max regains consciousness, stand up and walk to the right side of Chloe, where you can snap a picture of her.
- The ninth photo takes a bit of work. Once you are back at the school, go to the science lab and speak to Warren. Tell him to use one of the ingredients and it won't work. Rewind time, and instead of speaking to him, talk to the teacher. Ask her about the experiment and she will bring up Chlorine. Now go to Warren, tell him to use Chlorine, then wait a few seconds and you will be able to snap a picture of him.
- The final photo is taken in your classroom. After talking with the teacher, walk in and you will see a student starring out the window. Walk up behind her to snap a picture.
Below is a list of all the optional photos in Episode 3 of Life is Strange.
- After speaking with Taylor in the showers, head to Victoria's room. Inside you will find an action figure statue sitting on her shelf. Shine your light at it for several seconds to cause to glow and snag the picture.
- As soon as you head outside, go right and you will see a squirrel on a bench. As you approach he runs away, so stand beside the bench and rewind time to bring him back then take his picture.
- Once you are in the school, go to the science classroom. Turn on the fishtank to take a picture of it.
- The fourth picture is found near the third. In the back of the science classroom is a skeleton. Take a picture of it!
- After you enter the principals office Chloe sits in his chair. When she does, you can take a picture of her.
- Once you have changed your clothes, and leave Chloe's room, head into the bathroom. Look in the mirror to take the sixth photo.
- When you head downstairs, look in the livingroom to find a bird sitting on a cabinet. Scare it once to cause it to fly to the fireplace. Before going up to it again, go to the window that's to the left of the fireplace and open it. Now go to the bird and scare it again and it will fly outside. Leave the house through the back sliding door, and you can find the bird sitting on the back fence, allowing you to take a picture of it.
- Outside the Diner is a trucker. Speak with him and he will tell you of his truck. Rewind time and bring up his truck to him and he will be so impressed he'll allow you to take a picture of his truck.
- Found right near picture eight. Around the side of the diner is a dead bird with a black vortex of ants around it. Snap a photo of it.
- When you go back in time, immediately grab the camera on the counter when you gain control of max. Snap a picture of Chloe and her father to gain the final photo.
Below are all the optional pictures found in Episode 4.
- Once you come back to the original reality, Chloe will be sitting at her desk. Before talking to her, snap this photo.
- When you go into the garage, look near the large garage door. There is a board leaning against some boxes. Move the board to find a nest and eggs. Snap a photo of this nest for picture two.
- Once you go to the school, after talking to your teach walk forward along the path. On the left is a small pile of stones. Snap a photo of it to get picture three.
- While still outside, talk to Samuel. Talk to him about the animals, and then the squirrels. He will feed one, but if you look down you can interact with the food and feed a second. Now watch the two, and eventually they will stand together and allow you to get a picture.
- Once inside the boys dorms, walk down the hall and turn right. Look out the window and you can spot some tracks that you can take a picture of.
- When you reach the beach, look out at the various whales. One of them will allow you to take a picture.
- When you reach the barn, immediately run around to the left side of it and you will see a bird. If you miss it, or see it flying away, simply rewind time as far as you can and then take the picture.
- Once inside the barn, you will need to climb up top in order to move some objects and open a trap door. While up there, tucked in a corner is an owl you can take a picture of.
- When you reach the part, walk inside the first door then take a few steps forward. Look right and up and you will see several windows. If you line it up right, you can see the dual moons and snap a picture of them.
- Along the left wall of the party, near where you enter the secret section of the party, is a door. Head into the door to find the washrooms. Here you can snap a picture of a boy leaning against a wall, which causes his body to line up with a graffiti skeleton.
- After making Jefferson toss your journal at you, you leap into the picture and back into the classroom. Once you stand up, walk over to Kate and comfort her, then look at her again to have the photo option.
- Once you reach the art gallery, you will see a small set of stairs that lead to a lower portion. Head down there to find a red headed girl with a camera beside her. Look at the camera to get the photo option.
- Just as Jefferson goes to drug you again he gets interrupted by David. Just as this happens, rewind time all the way back, as far as you can. When the cutscene plays out again, Max will panic and ask Jefferson to do one last thing. Pick "Take a Picture" to get this photo.
- After saving the restaurant from blowing up, look at the whale that's laying dead in the road, you will now have a photo option.
- After saving the restaurant, but before going inside the side door, look up. You will see a car on the roof that you can snag a photo of.
- Once you are back in class, the windows will get soaked in blood, then you stand up. Look at the desk in front of you that has the markings on it. Look at them several times and eventually a photo option appears.
- You will be in the girls dormitories hallway for this one. This is a puzzle area, where you have to go through certain doors to change into different people. When you get back to normal Max, the walls will be covered in pictures. Walk down the hall and look out the window by the bathroom to see a photo option with some giant squirrels.
- The nightmare takes you back to school, but this time everything is backwards. Head to where the girls washroom is, and you will see a skeleton. Look at it, and instead of taking a picture, you will need to open your journal, since everything is backwards!
- During the sequence where you hide from flashlights, you eventually get to a section that has the school lockers and starts with Warren. Sneak past him, then take the first right. Now turn right again and follow this path all the way to find Warren's locker and a photo opportunity.
- The final photo is found during the junkyard section of your game of hide from the flashlights. Here you must pick up 5 bottles before moving on. The area is very small, so you'll have no trouble locating them, just keep in mind you will have to manipulate time quite a bit so you don't get caught. Once you have all 5, head towards the exit of the area to see them stacked up on the right.