الاثنين، 16 نوفمبر 2015

Quotes I like from the book A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)

Quotes I like from the book  A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)

*A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.

*I think life is a jape. Yours, mine, everyone

*Men are men, vows are words, and words are wind.

*The only time a man can be brave is when he is afraid

*Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical,(...) the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It's the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble

*The past remains the past. We can learn from it, but we cannot change it

*Drowning was bad enough. But drowning sad and sober, that's too cruel

*When treating with liars, even an honest man must lie

*I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter

*An honest kiss, a little kindness, everyone deserves that much, however big or small

*Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever

*The Lord of Light in his wisdom made us male and female, two parts of a greater whole. In our joining there is power. Power to make life. Power to make light. Power to cast shadows

*All my memories are poisoned

*One day all men must die, but it serves no good to dwell on death. I prefer to take each day as it comes

*Cunt again? It was odd how men like Suggs used that word to demean women when it was the only part of a woman they valued

*If every woman had a direwolf, men would be much sweeter

*The sow I ride is actually my sister. We have the same nose, could you
tell? A wizard cast a spell on her, but if you give her a big wet kiss, she will turn into a beautiful woman.
The pity is, once you get to know her, you’ll want to kiss her again to turn her back

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق