الاثنين، 16 نوفمبر 2015

Quotes I like from the book A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)

Quotes I like from the book  A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)

  • “A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge
  • Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you
  • “Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid? ''That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”
  • Fear cuts deeper than swords
  • There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today.
  • Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word
  • Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it
  • The things we love destroy us every time
  • Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities
  • I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things
  • If I look back I am lost
  • “Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I'll sleep more easily by night
  • Laughter is poison to fear
  • Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
  • Minds are like swords, I do fear. The old ones go to rust
  • We all need to be mocked from time to time Lord Mormont lest we start to take ourselves too seriously
  • You must put these dreams aside, they will only break your heart

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق